2013- One for the books~

It has been one action-packed fun-filled year, so far! Well, half of that is true. In the past nine months :) we sold our house, bought not one, but two condo dwellings, moved, painted, and in the middle of all that, I had minimally-invasive open heart surgery. That took a big chunk of time out of my year and so I'm left with basically getting ready for the holidays and trying to get my stamina back. It's all good!

In order to stay somewhat sane, I enrolled in a purely for fun, whimsical online art journal class called "Mermaid Circus" given by Jane Davenport and Teesha Moore. I didn't expect to have as much fun and learn as much as I did!

After the live class was over, some of us decided to participate in a round robin journal swap in which we each create a couple of pages in each other's handmade journals each month for 13 months. Below is my work for the first journal in the swap. It was completely liberating and a lot of fun~

The background is acrylic paint and the lettering is a stencil with gesso then ink layered on top of that. The girl is painted in acrylics with details in Prismacolor pencils. A few stamps, rub-ons, washi tape, and collaged bird complete the spread.